Companies make announcements for a number of reasons:
1. To call attention to something worthy of attention
2. To divert attention from something else
3. To legitimize something (under the heading, everything you read in the news or in a press release must be true)
4. To keep the company’s name in the public’s mind
5. To announce a new product available for sale
6. To correct mistakes or apologize (under the heading of, whoops, we really did not mean it)
Announcements are not data. Examples include announcements to distribute a product in the future that is not yet in commercial production and for which one party has no financial stake, or, announcements of results for champion cells/modules that are likely years away from commercial production, among others.